C-K THEORY WORKSHOP
Practice-based workshop on the most prominent innovation design methodology at the time with industrial and academic application. Our very own structure and content; simplified to make C-K Theory accessible and applicable especially for non-designers.
C-K Theory can be extraordinarily useful for policy making, the development of social programs, the ideation of political and social communication programs, the validation of new projects, and much more. This method is not only helpful to create, structure or develop concepts; it is also excellent to analyse complex situations, to learn to communicate with colleagues and to argue and defend own ideas and decisions on a sound basis. It involves such benefits and skills as: creative reasoning, innovation, design tracing, collaborative design, generative processes, validation of assumptions, deep situational analyses and knowledge expansion.
Through C-K Theory, you can:
- identify and sophistically integrate features or elements from existing programs to your current programs or projects and make them more attractive or innovative;
- test your assumptions and analyse what works and what does not work within your organization and what represents a good fit according to your audience characteristics;
- identify and work with the characteristics of your audience and based on them propose the most adequate measures and solutions;
- analyse your current situation, deconstruct it, re-organize its elements, find the best ways to go and back up your decisions with valid arguments;
- pinpoint specifications and details other people don´t see and become skilful conveying this knowledge to your colleagues;
- explore a new potential idea even with unclear objectives and move from there in a structured way towards a solution;
- visualize your processes and validation procedures, and make sure that you methodically consider all your requirements.
C-K Theory was presented to the academic community by Armand Hatchuel and Benoit Weil in 2003 and ever since has reached great momentum in the fields of design, engineering, business administration and social sciences. It is taught and applied as research method for the development of innovations with business implementations at MINES Paris Tech, PSL Research University in Paris, le CNAM in Paris, Stanford University, HEC Montreal and Tel Aviv University. It has been used for different projects at Renault, Thales Group, Dassault Systèmes, Vallourec and RATP and has also become popular within the international association of professionals and academics “The Design Society”.
Our C-K Theory Workshop has an entirely original structure and practice-based focus; the intention is to make the methodology accessible to everyone, but especially to professionals who do not consider themselves as designers. We want to make sure the participants learn the practical side of C-K Theory and complete the workshop feeling competent in the design of their own applications. We begin with fundamentals and hands-on exercises that help participants feel comfortable in addressing design issues. We then gradually immerse ourselves into the C-K framework until obtaining a complete overview of it. We close the workshop by working on implementation and practical cases.
The workshops has a length of 20 hours. It can be rolled out in 2 sessions of 8 hours and one session of 4 hours, 2 and a half days in total; or as separate stand-alone modules.
Would you like to engineer and optimize with proficiency your programs? Would you like to become the leading voice in your organization around project conception?
Contact us to find out more about our C-K Theory workshop!
Get in touch!
Let´s have a conversation to:
- discuss your acquisition of skills, knowledge and innovation methods;
- optimize your programs, projects and processes;
- explore how to engage more your audiences; and
- build a world with fairer opportunities for all us.